ENTERING THE AMAZING WORLD OF WUXIA THE FOX
The whale songs
Whale songs hold the key to dreams for humans and other living beings. But Earth’s climate is changing, and the whales have decided to migrate to the planet Jupiter. Without them, there will be no more dreams.
Oremia & Wuxia
Eight-year-old Oremia has a vivid recurring dream of the great whales. She is now convinced that she is in reality a holographic projection originating on Jupiter. Then one day she meets Wuxia, a young fox with telepathic powers. Wuxia has been brutally driven from her home by the sinister Junning Army, which is now seeking control of the planet after a failed climate-cooling project.
No time to lose
With no time to lose, Wuxia agrees to join Oremia to search for a legendary humpback whale named Nioma, who holds the secret that could allow her to change Oremia into a real Earth girl. So they set forth on a thrilling quest in which they encounter brave and sometimes hilarious new friends who guide them across a world they scarcely recognize without its glaciers.
Among their powerful allies are Garuda the Penguin, who carries them across the earth on his melting glacier, and Aleika, the rabbit wizard who protects them with his magic powers.
A learning experience
Together they discover the wonders of nature and forgotten civilizations. They learn about listening, self-expression, lucidity, awareness, perseverance, concentration, intentions, empathy, generosity, and much more.
A very special device
Along the way Oremia and Wuxia come across a very special magical & musical device, the “Tonalli,” fallen from the sky long ago. Unlocked, its power can awaken all the elements of nature. Ultimately it may allow them to save Nioma before it is too late.
What’s behind it
Our dream is to create a modern equivalent of storytime so that children and teenagers can learn to dream and create a better future.
We’re driven by the idea of
- A game that brings parents and their children together in a ritual of creation that produces interactive stories and explores their connection to the earth, their family, and their dreams;
- A tool for young people to increase their awareness of the technological and ecological changes currently underway;
- A musical instrument that opens the door to the languages, mythologies, cultures, and sounds of wildlife and nature that have disappeared or are fated to
- A dreaming device that awakens as many children as possible to the spirits of the land and sea and fosters the ability to remain alert, mindful, curious, and courageous
- A way to get in touch with the deep feelings children of all ages have and help them express these feelings clearly so they can connect with those around them
The iPad Application will be available at the end of February 2015.
An Android Version is also on its Way. Stay Tuned !
Director / Réalisateur
Jonathan Bélisle has been a Relational Artist and Web entrepreneur for close to 20 years. He is an interactive production director, dedicated UX poet, creative techie, and an inspired teacher. He studied film narratology and mastered visual thinking before mixing the two with methods borrowed from ethnography and service design to generate a playful approach to the complex problems of adding Human Touch to mobile and interactive storytelling with objects and connected media. He is the founder of Hello, Architekt ! a Sensemaking & Changemaking Consultancy, creator of Wuxia the Fox, co-founder of UX MTL a community of 600 UX professionals, a professor of experience architecture at INIS Media School and a SAGA partner where he acts as Chief Experience Architect.